Yoga can be beneficial as a form of exercise and as a means of helping your body to heal. Being able to participate in private yoga lessons from the comfort of your own home is convenient and affordable., Melanie Schorr specializes in Hatha Yoga and teaches people of all skills and abilities about the benefits of posture and alignment.
Even if you are trying yoga for the first time, you will benefit from the one on one attention you will receive from private lessons, as you will practice a yoga program that is suited to you.
Why do Yoga & Pilates from home?
- Individual lessons can help prevent injuries from occurring. In a group setting, a yoga class may have 15-20 people participating, meaning there is risk of injury and that yoga poses or positions may not be done properly
- Yoga for injuries and/or pain should be an individual experience. Having a program that is tailored to your needs that you can do at a time that is convenient for you
- In your home, there are less distractions; you can set up and arrange a more comfortable environment for yourself
- When you practice yoga in your home, you do not need to feel judged or self-conscious, therefore you may feel more relaxed and less tense
- By doing yoga at home, your yoga instructor can show you techniques/positions you can do in between sessions, that you can actually do because you are in the same environment and will have the same set-up, it will help you build a solid foundation
- Being able to do yoga in your home may encourage you to practice/keep up the techniques because you don’t associate it with having to “get ready” and leave the house. You will have already carved out a comfortable space for yourself
- If you are experiencing difficulties with mobility due to severe pain or an injury, it may be hard to leave your house to exercise, having an experienced instructor come to you is beneficial.