Pilates is a fantastic way to keep your core and spine strong, alleviating back pain and the possibility for back injuries. It also teaches you to properly use your muscles in everyday life, promoting strength and stability. In addition to being a yoga teacher, Melanie is also a Pilates teacher that trained the traditional Joseph Pilates series.
Pilates can be taught on its own, or can be combined with yoga. Combining the two into a private yoga lesson is especially beneficial for those with back problems or for those that want to build stability in their core.
Why take a Pilates class at home?
- Individual lessons can help prevent injuries from occurring. In a group setting, a pilates class may have 15-20 people participating, meaning there is risk of injury to your spine if not done properly
- Pilates for back injuries and/or pain should be an individual experience. Having a program that is tailored to your needs is not only recommended, but also ideal
- Private pilates lessons will teach you to learn how to use your core muscles properly
- In your home, there are less distractions; you can set up and arrange a more comfortable environment for yourself
- When you practice pilates in your home you will be able to really understand the concept of using your inner core muscles, as there are no distractions
- There is no risk of being injured by an exercise incorrectly because you will get extra attention and the program is designed specifically for you
- If you are experiencing difficulties with mobility due to severe pain or an injury, it may be hard to leave your house to exercise. Having an experienced instructor come to you is beneficial